- A preference to invest in well-run companies, with a strong management group that is presently running the company.
- We are willing to consider the acquisition of companies wherein we co-invest with a management team that has recent and relevant industry experience.
- Our goal is to profitably grow the company — organically and/or through acquisitions — and remain an investor until the management/co-owner wants to divest.
- Since we are not a fund, we have the ability to remain a partner with the management team long term. Many times our presidents/co-owners sign up for an initial 3–5 year term and are still with us a decade later.
INVESTING AS A PRINCIPAL
ORION WILL ACT AS A PRINCIPAL BY DIRECTLY INVESTING FUNDS TO SUPPORT ACQUISITIONS, GROWTH AND RECAPITALIZATIONS.
- A preference for middle-market manufacturing, distribution, or service company in the oil/gas, agriculture, water, transportation, construction, or related industries; however, we will consider other investment opportunities.
- Investment in companies that have annual cash flow of $2–5 Million.
- A strong preference for companies in the Upper Midwest; however, we are willing to go outside of this area for the right opportunity.