Alan Geiwitz is the Founder and President of Orion Financial Corp. (Orion), which originally did a combination of Investment Banking and Private Investing. Over time, Orion transitioned to a role as an investor in private companies; in 2014, Orion exited the investment banking business and 100% emphasis is now related to acquiring and growing private businesses.
- Orion Financial Corp., Founder & President, 1982 – Present
- Investor with significant minority interest, or majority ownership in multiple private and public businesses, 1982 – Present
- Wells Fargo & Company, progressive positions leading to Vice President & Manager of a commercial lending division, 1975 – 1982
Company Ownership and Member of Board of Directors
- Idea Drilling LLC
- Midwest Financial Services LLC
- Orion Financial Corp.
- SCS Elevator Products Inc.
- Superior Iron LLC
- Superior Steel Erectors LLC
- TC/American Crane Company
- Yale Mechanical LLC
Additional Board of Director Organizations
- Hope Centers for Children of Africa, an organization that provides support to orphans and widows in the cities of Bunia and Bogoro, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Luweero, Uganda.
- Previous Board Member of Compass Airlines, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1973 – 1975
- Mankato State University, Mankato, Minnesota, 1969 – 1973; Cum Laude graduate with a double major in Mathematics and Business Administration – Finance
Alan and his wife, Mary, support multiple church, charity, and educational institutions. Of particular interest are those organizations that help recipients rise from support to self-sustainability.
Troy Jones has been with Orion Financial Corp. since 1993, involved in multiple Merger & Acquisition and Debt & Equity Financings, and is located in Orion’s Sioux Falls, South Dakota office. Prior to joining Orion, Troy was the Director of Finance in the South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development, managing assets which grew from $5 Million to over $100 Million.
- Orion Financial Corp., Principal, 1993 – Present
- Minority Investor in multiple private and public business, 1993 – Present
- South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development Director of Finance, 1987 – 1993
- Office of U.S. Senator James Abdnor, progressive positions leading to Legislative Assistant for Business, Banking, Securities and Tax, 1981 – 1986
Select Current and Past Minority Ownership and Member of Board of Directors
- Dakota, Inc. (public company); served as CEO
- First American Bank & Trust (sold to First Bank & Trust)
- BMD, Inc.
Additional Current Board of Director Organizations
- Chairman of Catholic Family Services, an organization which provides primary Counseling and adoption services in Sioux Falls, and multiple satellite offices in rural, eastern South Dakota
- Vice Chairman of Lamb Radio, a Christian radio station serving most of eastern South Dakota
- Graduate of the George Washington University School of Business Administration, Washington D.C., majoring in Business Finance, 1981 – 1994
- Attended Augustana College, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 1979 – 1981
Troy and his wife, Mary, support multiple charitable institutions, with a current emphasis on poverty programs that serve the homeless transitioning to independence and educational support for economically disadvantaged children.